Hand Therapy is the art and science of rehabilitation of the upper limb.
It involves evaluation and testing to assess the injured limb from which a specific treatment program can be designed.
A variety of techniques are used to achieve these goals.
Lime Therapy provides a comprehensive Hand Therapy service from the Lime Therapy Clinic in Mildura. Lime Therapy is the only private provider of Hand Therapy in the local area. We are passionate about excellent service delivery in the Sunraysia Region and have excellent rapport with local and treating surgeons and general practitioners. Due to our location we liaise directly with metropolitan and interstate hospitals to coordinate and provide ongoing treatment for clients who are transferred back home post surgery or intervention.
A range of treatment options are available at Lime Therapy and include:
- Assessment of hand, wrist and arm function
- Static splinting
- Scar management
- Oedema management
- Wound management
- Tendon rehabilitation
- Individualised exercises programs
- Strength evaluation and muscle testing
- Sensory education and desensitisation programs
- Joint protection advice and education
- Prescription of assistive devices, functional aids and braces
- Upper limb retraining post neurological impairment
Common conditions that can be treated at the clinic include:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Tendon injuries and repairs
- Ligament injuries
- Scar adhesions
- Nerve conditions
- Joint contractures
- Pain Syndromes